Monday, August 1, 2011

All I know is, she went!

It's a new day, a new week, a new chapter before me. When I open a good book and turn to the first chapter it's always exciting! I wonder, what's gonna happen next? And quickly devour chapter after chapter! I've been thinking about Abraham's wife lately. I really wonder how Sara was feeling when they "Went out, not knowing whither they went"? I wonder if she was anything like me? Did she struggle to hide her tears from her children as they left all that was familiar? Did she feel like she was drowning in an ocean wondering how in the world this would all work out? Did she long to stand behind her husband and yet want to run as far and fast as possible at the same time? The Bible doesn't say. All we know is that she went with Abraham. I wonder what people will say looking back at me? "Oh she reeeaally had a hard time adjusting!" "Poor thing, that was really hard on her!" Imagine if years from now they would say, "Chris' wife? Weeelll, I don't really know how it was. All I know is she went!" Hello Chapter 1!

No comments: