Wednesday, October 5, 2011

To Be A Parent

To be a parent is an incredible thing. Like one person described it, it's like pieces of your heart walking around outside of your body! There's amazing challenges as a parent. With the new little bundle of humanity comes late/sleepless nights and being at the beck and call of this little commander in chief 24/7. Then the little will surfaces and your days are spent trying to keep a step ahead of the mischief and the "I can do it myself" attitude. Before you know it the relationship changes to a miniature grown up who needs to be listened to and understood, not just told what to do. Attitudes replace mischief and cuteness and you begin to wonder why the sleepless nights were so bad! That's about as far as I've come on this parenting journey. If there's one thing I wish I could go back and tell myself it's "enjoy each stage". I know, that sounds so cliche and what everyone says, but I seriously want to learn how to truly do that. It's so much easier to look back and say "why didn't I?" then to do it now!!

No comments: