Friday, August 17, 2012

The Bathroom: Mom's best hide out

I can remember supper being over, the table a mess and the after eating conversation being long. Mom would get up from the table and head for the bathroom, "Y'all have this cleared off by the time I come out and I'll wash the dishes." My sisters and I sometimes talked about how mom seemed to need a visit to the bathroom at strategic times and would return to the frey of life later with a bit different attitude. As a mom myself I now fully understand these bathroom visits! Think about it. The bathroom is the only place a mom can legitimately go and say "Cry, yell, holler if you want. I'm in the bathroom and I'll come out when I'm done!" The bathroom is the ticket for any mom who needs a little break, a good cry, a prayer session, a private place to make a phone call... it can all be done alone in that little room. Granted, the door will eventually be bombarded, the hollers and crying will eventually get too loud, the frey will have to be faced again but a little solitude can do wonders for a weary mom!