Monday, January 28, 2013

If only i had...or maybe not...

I suppose there are many reasons jesus said we should become like little children. One has to be their simplicity and creativity! I'll be honest and admit, i've struggled with my little house the last month (i know. Somebody spank me and transport me back to last year when a house, any house, was all i wanted!!) which proves my point without me even trying: contentment is not about what we have! Enter little children who have just as much fun with an unmade bed, a cooler, and an odd assortment of mom's dishes and theirs as they would with lots of room to play and all the latest toys! In fact, i think sometimes they're happier with old cartons and things out of the cupboard and a corner :) perhaps my happiness doesn't depend as much on drawers to put things and a space for boots and coats and.... As i think! I know that in my head but to actually change my outlook and feelings because of
that knowledge is different. I doubt "mom, she's messing up my fun!" was on jesus' mind tho....

No comments: