Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Is there a Higher Road?

When the mouse/rat chews holes through tupperware and your best tea towels. When the children's coughs keep you awake night after night after night. When your whole head feels stopped up and all you want to do is stay in bed in a dark, quiet room. When it's 9 degrees in the morning and already 11 at bed time and you have to take children to school next day.... Is the best I can muster - "At least my child's not in the hospital like theirs!" "At least I have a cozy house in this cold weather!" "At least I have an understanding husband who lets me take it easy!"? Yes, these help me stop and re-focus and consider the many things I have to be thankful for. It's much better than sitting around complaining! But is there something more? Is there a higher road? Is there the possibility of actually thanking a Good God, who does all things well, for these things that are mine, accepting that just maybe they are gifts for my good? Yes? I agree...in my head. If only someone could show me exactly how this should look!

No comments: