Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My fun for the day

I've had this big idea ever since the "purse" birthday cake for lillian - a tea pot birthday cake for jasmine! I was determined i wouldn't wait til the last day this time so that was my project today - to see if my shape ideas would even work. I mixed up a cake and baked part of it in my 2 cup glass pampered chef measuring cup and part in a stainless steel bowl whose diameter measured the same as the cup. Lo and behold it actualy worked out pretty good! I trimmed them flat and put them together. Now all i have to do on the day is decorate! I know i don't usually write about this kind of stuff, but it was such fun and i was pretty excited that my brainstorm worked so far :) i'll make sure to show you a picture of the finished project. We'll see if the rest of my big ideas work out as well! I think doing something out of the ordinary that's fun is a good pick me up....try something
yourself and see! :)

No comments: