Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day 18: To Be Like Sarah

A job offer in OH seemed like the open door we were looking for when financial pressures and lack of work were sending us to our knees wondering, what next? Moving on faith with no house at the other end didn't seem like such an open door though, not to me anyway! It wasn't what the man in charge would have chosen either, but it seemed like the only way. That was one of the hardest years of my life and I was thankful for every lesson God had taught me on submission in preparation! I wanted so much to be like Sarah -there's no record, anyway, that she struggled w/ Abraham's decision to go out not knowing whither he went- but I found myself failing over and over. One of the things Genevieve said in her book was that God is sovereign. He can speak to my husband any way, any time, anywhere He wants to. It doesn't have to measure up to my desires! I must keep in mind it's the Lord who is really leading through my husband. I began to realize something in that year of longing to do it right and so often failing.

No comments: