Monday, January 27, 2014

Day 20: A Heart Position

It goes without saying, of course, that doing things right the first time is the best way. None of us like people who treat "I'm Sorry" like an over used excuse to mess up! But that's not really what I meant when I said "Perfection is not the Requirement". One of you asked "Is there hope? Do we ever get it?" And I smiled because I so know that feeling! Here's my point- if my main focus is to get to the place where I never do anything disrespectful, I'm in for a lot of frustration and discouragement! I really think submission is more of an attitude, a position of the heart, if you will. Let's face it: we're human! Even after 8 yrs on this journey, I'm still going to have "Salad Stories"! But, if my heart has learned to quickly turn to the position of submission, the story is going to end differently than it would otherwise. Which means I HAVE learned and I'm not a failure! Wait, didn't I tell you the Salad Story? Well, it happened right in the middle of all this going on and on about submission.........

No comments: