Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 6: It's All About Obeying Him

I used to rebel at the whole unfairness of the submission issue. (Ok. I still do too often!) "Just because I'm a woman I have to do whatever you say just because you're a man?! That's just wrong! So it's just all about the man? Humph." What I realized after reading the book Love and Respect was that no, it's not all about the man. It's not all about the woman either. Nor is it half about the man and half about the woman. *It's only about Obeying God!!* This gave the issue a whole different perspective for me! Did I say I was a Christian? Yes. Did I love my Lord? Of course! And what did Jesus say? "If ye love me, keep My commandments." Is submission a command? Well, yes. So it was all about obeying Him! Talk about liberation!! It really had nothing to do with the men -what they did, or didn't do. How they led or didn't lead. If they loved or not- it was really an issue between me and God! But there still remained the small matter of, How do you do it? What does it actually look like on a day to day basis?

No comments: