Tuesday, February 6, 2018

39 Things

January is over and so is Q & A time -- the 'official' time, that is. Your questions are always welcome.

I just had a birthday on Sunday and I got the crazy notion to tell you all
                   39 Things About Me:

1. I am the youngest in a family of six.

2. I like empty trash cans.

3. I'm learning to crochet off of YouTube videos. It's so much fun. (Funny story behind this is that I got the idea about a month ago while lying in bed with the stomach flu. I watched crocheting tutorials to get my mind off my churning stomach.)


4. I have brown eyes.

5. When I have Facebook notifications, I save them up for later.

6. As of Saturday, I have a child with a permit. (I have no idea how we got here and I'm pretty sure I'll never be the same after my first ride in the passenger seat.)


7. I could easily live without ice cream.

8. I enjoy being alone.

9. I am just learning to like coffee.

10. I wear glasses.

11. I like to hang laundry outside. Even when it means icicles. (Actually, I'd never had that happen before!)


12. I was 23 when my oldest was born.

13. And 34 when my youngest was born.

14. I love to quilt.

15. I cannot make decisions.

16. I dislike winter.

17. I don't enjoy cooking.

18. I'm discovering that I love plants.


19. I got married at the age of 22.

20. I am 5' 2".

21. I have very thin hair and not much of it.

22. But I am proud of every grey one on my head.

23. I hate conflict.

24. I am not a Shopper.

25. I like to sew.

26. I have less than 20 dresses in my closet.

27. I am married to a man who loves to surprise people. (One day when we were shopping, I drooled over this cute cart. He bought it and snuck it in here Sunday after I thought they had given me my birthday gift. I was happy to make his day with my cluelessness.)


28. As a rule, I prefer working alone.

29. I wear a size 6 1/2 - 7 shoe.

30. And I have less than 10 pairs of them.

31. I don't like to drive

32. I am directionally challenged.

33. But I'm learning to go places with my GPS! (Friday me and my GPS went shopping in Holmes County while Chris and the two oldest had a quiz meet. Although I left all the goodies there, wandering around in this place was good for my soul.)



34. I hate making phone calls.

35. I lived in the same house from birth until marriage.

36. My sweaters/jackets are nearly all grey or white.

37. None of my grandparents are living.

38. I enjoy music.

39. Next year I will turn 40!

And now you know all about me ☺
How many things do we have in common?

9 comments:

Carol W. said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Bethany! You are definitely a lovely & unique daughter of our Lord Jesus. God bless you!

Betsy said...

I enjoyed learning so much more about you. I wish I lived closer. I'm a terrible seamstress and I need a few new dresses. (I only have 4 right now and they're quickly wearing out.)
Happy Birthday just a bit late!
Blessings,
Betsy

Bethany Eicher said...

Thank you. And God bless you as well! ❤

Bethany Eicher said...

Yes, enjoying sewing is a real blessing! ☺

Regina said...

Happy belated birthday Bethany! I too, have developed a love for sewing as I learn new skills. I hope to make a dress one of these days because I really need some new ones.
I'm glad you are enjoying crocheting. That's one of my favorite things too! Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

Bethany, we have quite a few things in common. Plus, my birthday was Sunday as well, although I turned 45:-) I enjoyed reading more about you.

LRM said...

We have at least four of these things in common, some of the rest are "kind of": number 7, 10, 24, 37. On the shopping one, I don't hate shopping but I'd rather be at home. LRM

Danette Martin said...

We have several in common. Trash cans...After I empty them, it goes hard for me to put in the next piece of trash. #8...I also love being alone; I'm somewhat of a hermitess, I guess. We both wear glasses...I bet yours don't have progressive lenses like mine, though. #15...maybe you and I will need to take Luci Martin's advice and flip a coin for the not-so-important decisions. #23...I have always thought I don't like conflict, but recently I have come to wonder if it's more the way that conflicts are expressed that can do me in. If everyone involved can calmly state opinions and is equally calmly listened to thoroughly, then it's easier for me to relax and engage profitably...can't say that I enjoy it yet, though. Happy Birthday! (a few days late) I hope you have a truly wonderful year. Thanks for the fun b-day blog you posted. :)

HowardGrace said...

Have you ever thought about writing an ebook or guest authoring on other sites? I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would value your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail. business ideas uk