Monday, April 9, 2018

'Cats and Lilacs'

It is one of those "Cats and Lilacs" seasons around here. So many things tumbling around in my mind but none of them are things to elaborate on at the moment. The longer I don't push through and just write something, the easier it is to just be quiet. The odd thing about being a person with a need to write is that, while it is easier to just be quiet, the longer I am quiet the more restless and unsettled I feel inside.

And so, since I have no cat pictures and no lilacs blooming, I will show you the pictures that I do have.

We've had sunshine...

And snow....

 And rain...

And flooding...

All in the course of a week.

We also had two birthdays in nearly a week's time --


Jennifer turned 10 on March 30th. Her birthday wish was a trip to the American Girl Doll Store in Columbus. She was thrilled to have her dad promise a day together making her wish come true. At the last minute she opted to invite her sister along. They were two excited little girls!


Charles turned 5 on April 7th.


Remember the Curious George story a while back? I turned it into a book for his birthday. He loved it!


The incredible thing was that after several months of being missing, "Curious George" was found two days before Charles' birthday!


His sisters had great fun decorating his cake. They did a super job.


In other news, there's always new ideas and new projects happening at this house. Jasmine has gotten into playing with sourdough.


She's turned out some tasty muffins...


And some yummy crackers...
and some flops.


Her starter is finally looking healthy enough to try bread!

In spite of snow again this morning, outside the grass is beginning to turn green and on my daily drive to school I see more and more glimpses of tiny, green leaves. Inside, our windowsills are full of tiny seedlings, just waiting for warm enough days so we can plant them in the dirt.


So, there are my 'Cats and Lilacs'. Maybe one of these days the reminder rant or the emotions over another's crisis or the curious ways God leads will turn themselves into blog posts. For now, I really must run along and take care of laundry and get my hungry child some lunch. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet that Jennifer invited her sister to go on her birthday trip with her. I love that you made the Curious George story into a book and what wonderful timing on finding Curious George. I'm sure both Jennifer and Charles had birthdays they will never forget.