Thursday, August 2, 2018

A Little Something of No Great Inspiration

I keep waiting for some great writing inspiration to strike but it doesn't seem to want to. And it has to want to, you know? Even Pooh knows that, and he only has grey fluff blown into his head by mistake.

The great dilemma is this -- Do I listen to the noble advisors like Pooh Bear and wait until it wants to? Or do I brush all wisdom aside and write about things without any great inspiration? Sometimes one can dawdle around at great length over such dilemmas until one is forced to just do something because surely, after all, something is better than nothing. Or something like that.

       --------------------------------------------
Perhaps you would like to hear about the weather? It has been quite pleasant in Ohio of late. Last week we ate supper on the porch one evening because it was ju-u-u-st cool enough that I thought I could get by with it.

On a side note, 
that old table was a lucky
find at a local yard sale and
I am just tickled pink with it!

Sunday evening we took advantage of the lovely weather and hiked some trails at Barkamp. Everyone enjoyed the 2 mile trek, even the ones who generally complain about tired feet.

We managed to document the 
event with this blurry picture. 

This week there has been some beautiful rain showers and overcast days.

       -------------------------------------------
Maybe, after all, you were wondering how my canning is going? Real well, in fact. All I want to do yet is frozen peaches for school lunches.  I'm not quite sure what the Lord is preparing us for this year. For one reason and another, I have more corn and green beans stocked up than I ever have in my life. Then again, maybe He just realizes how much more these growing kids will eat!

It is truly amazing the amount of help my children are these days when it 
comes to these projects!

          ----------------------------------------
On the other hand, it could be that you're wondering if I'm learning anything new these days. Let's see, I could probably think of a few things.

* Ever hear of the Betsy-Tacy books? One of my girls was gifted a copy at the end of the school year and her mother kinda got into them too and ended up ordering the whole series from the library and reading them right along with her bookworm.


* Wise advice is much easier to give, than to take oneself. The glib counsel I once gave a friend who was teaching the adult lady's Sunday school class is not so easily believed when I am the one in those shoes. 

* When cleaning out the freezer uncovers old food long forgotten, the fact that some of it was shredded zucchini makes it a good day. 


* School shopping can actually be a fun time when you take your time and include places like Goodwill and Hobby Lobby... And you linger over treasures like these --

I played with a pan like this 
when I was little!


We could hardly tear ourselves 
away from this aisle; 
all the doll houses and accessories!


Also?

I need this in my laundry room. 

* Sometimes you read things that resonate immediately like this blog post by Rosina.

* Also, most of the time the littlest, most ordinary things are the things that bring the most joy.




Maybe kind of like blog posts
 without great inspiration......

7 comments:

Regina said...

I was wondering what you've been up to Bethany. I have found that when I can't think of anything at all to post about, I do what's called The Simple Woman's Daybook. It's actually a month long linky party hosted by Peggy Hostetler at thesimplewoman.blogspot.com

The prompts are fun and they give you ideas to write about and one doesn't have to do every single prompt. I usually don't.
Well enjoy the rest of your summer.

Bethany Eicher said...

I'll have to check it out, sounds interesting!

Rosina said...

That corn looks so good! I haven't had a single ear of fresh sweet corn this year. 😞

I love to read about the normal, family-ish things you are doing.

Bethany Eicher said...

Aww, I wish I could have shared with you and your family. It was yummy!

Treva said...

Maybe, with all the food, the Lord is preparing you for lots of company! We'll be down! :D

That post by Rosina was huge for me, too. I've bookmarked it to read over and over.

Bethany Eicher said...

You come right ahead! 😊

Tina Z. said...

If you would have had to write a 'fancy' blog post:)look what we would have missed...make it a regular abt me. :) Abt the food maybe next summer you will have little ones to care for and not even want to put up a single bag or jar of anything!?:) Blessings on your S.S. teaching. :) (How else would I have found that out?):)