Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Last night I went to "Ladies Night"- supper and a guest speaker with the ladies and girls 16 and up from the church here. It was a push out of my comfort zone to actually take the plunge and go all by myself! The theme was taken from "The Veleteen Rabbit" and the speaker talked about being "real"...being who God created us to be. It's a journey, a becoming, not something that you achieve and then you're done. I can see God using this move away from my family and all that's familiar to strip away some of my "plastic covering" and teach me to be real. Or, I could easily take this experience and add many protective layers to my plastic covering! Becoming "real" hurts sometimes and who likes to hurt? I'm rolling all this stuff around and don't pretend to understand what all God is saying to me or trying to teach me. I see bits and pieces but I'm not quite sure how it all fits together. I do sense Him at work and that's exciting! I so want to be open to His working and showing me how the pieces fit together!

No comments: