Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Company, Serving and "Naturals"

I've always envied women who love to serve. You know, the ones who seem to derive great joy and fulfillment out of having people for supper, the night, coffee, you name it. The one's who actually enjoy the chance to take the men juice break and the school children hot lunch. My brother is in the area and came last night for supper. Even this threw me into a quandry of "what shall I make?" and when I thought I'd made up my mind, then I'd change it again. I even got mildly stressed over it all and definitely missed the joy part! Until he was actually here and we were having a good evening, that is. That's the thing. I almost always end up enjoying the company once the visit is actually in progress, so what's the big deal? I don't know. I just know that it takes a huge effort for me to invite company or offer to help with food projects. I guess instead of envying the "naturals" I should be grateful there are some around. If everyone were like me, invitations for Sunday lunch would be few and far between!

No comments: