Monday, January 16, 2012

What in all this world is grace? (Ann Voskamp ahead)

After an email this morning that shook my world, I found myself re-reading this: "What in the world, in a world of certain loss, is grace? If I am numbering gift moments to 1,000-what moments in my life count as blessings? If I name this moment as gift, grace, what IS the next moment? Curse? How do you know how to sift through a day, a life, and rightly read the graces, rightly ascertain the curses? What is good? What counts as grace? What is the heart of God? Do I believe in a God who rouses himself just now and then to spill a bit of benevolence on hemorrhaging humanity? A God who breaks through only now and then, surprises us w/ spared hand, a reprieve from sickness, a good job... and then finds Himself again too impotent to deal w/ all I see as suffering and evil? A God of sporadic, random, splattering goodness- that now and then splatters across a gratitude journal? Somebody tell me: WHAT ARE THE OTHER MOMENTS?..To read His message in moments, I'll need to..wear the lens of the Word.." All IS grace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I remember this very part of the book. Wow. All is grace. All.

Tabitha