Monday, April 23, 2012

The Struggle Is a Gift

Why is it that in retrospect life often looks so comfy? The good things shine back in our memory, all warm and glowing. If only we could go back.... Not always. There are times in my life that I want no part of going back and re-living! Still, it's so easy to only see the "glow" and wonder why? Why?? I suppose part of that is just the normal result of uprooting everything I've ever known and moving to a new place. I read this recently, "If only good can come from a good God's hand, then this strange place we reside is better than the one-year-from-now place I imagined on my own." I know that is true. Some days I believe it and rest. Some days I believe it and struggle. Longing desperately for the "glow" of the past, fighting doggedly against the hardness and unknown of the now. The good news is, the struggle is evidence that I do Believe! Satan would have me think it's not even worth the struggle. So I accept the struggle as a gift, and throw myself on His ability to take the ugly and make it beautiful.

No comments: