Friday, July 5, 2013

When I feel like Clocking Out

It's one of those mornings when I'd like to just quietly clock out on my job. A late evening and a baby settling after midnight coupled w/ a dreary looking day and five children in the house does not equal energetic, cheerful mother! The house is in need of a good cleaning and I should put all 5 to the task but the very thought removes the tiniest bit of energy I might have had. And there's no leftovers in the fridge for dinner which erases even the faintest notion of cheerfulness... Yes, clocking out sounds like a great idea! But then I'd miss watching 2 little girls in their imaginary world where scarves, hats and gloves transform them into other people and places. And I'd miss the Memory tournament spread on the floor (coupled w/ much laughter and fun) between the 2 oldest. Sigh... While slipping out the door and doing something quietly (far away, alone!) sounds enticing, there are rainbows in the clouds if I will decide to notice them. So I will choose to notice and, if need be, paint a few myself!

No comments: