Monday, June 23, 2014

Last Week

Last Monday my two "bigs" left for a week of camp with their uncle, Ryan, and his girlfriend. To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to the week! Jasmine got talked into going at the last minute, and I was not impressed with the prospect of spending the week entertaining the 3 little ones left behind. I had had big plans for things to do while it was just me and my girls all week and now, with my 6 year old already moaning that "It will be booooring with Jasmine gone!!" I anticipated spending all my time keeping little people happy.

But, I knew in my heart it would be good for my oldest girl to face her fears of homesickness and having no mom to comb her stubborn hair, so I put a smile on my face and sent them on their way. I shed a couple of tears (mostly selfish ones) and set my mind to enjoying the week!

Surprise! We had a great week. Granted, we did some extra special things to help the fun along, but it turned out it wasn't so boooring without Jasmine after all! The girls played and played at their imaginary games, leaving huge messes in their wake.... and learning they were the only ones to do the clean up jobs! :) There were no big ones to look on with scorn at their pillow houses and silly dress up. Nobody to tease and giggle at the made up conversations and ideas that a 6 and 4 year old can concoct. And I even got a few of the projects I'd hoped to accomplish done - a dress for me and a dress for Jasmine!

The 2 "bigs" had the time of their lives as well!! I still haven't heard all their stories. They came home Saturday and crashed several hours later! Not sure if they've caught up on their sleep yet, but it's good to have them back .....even if the noise and chaos and fusses have increased....

The pictures show some of the "extras" we did last week: splashing in water, an evening at Tuscora Park, a Mother/Daughter evening with church ladies where the little girls had the time of their lives trying out the dress up clothes, and the promised Gingerbread cookies from the recipe that came with their "Little Lavina" paper dolls.

And now it's back to real life....

PS Story time isn't quite over yet! I have one more story to share......or, who knows? Maybe more if I get another surprise email?!

No comments: