Sunday, July 1, 2018

17 Things From 17 Years: Post 17

I realize that June is actually past but here's #17 anyway...

#17: There is always something more to learn in marriage.

I don't think I even need to elaborate on this one. The minute we think we have arrived in our marriage is usually just shortly before we have some sort of relationship issues. It's when I do things like blog about 17 things from 17 years that we for sure knock heads and have multiple misunderstandings and extra amounts of hurt feelings. Really.

But it's ok to always be learning something more; that means God is at work. Let's not despair and give up, we have an enemy that would like nothing better!

This ends my list of 17 things. I hope I have stirred your thinking, maybe inspired you to sit down and think about what marriage has taught you? I hope I have challenged you, maybe in areas you hadn't thought of? Or encouraged you in places where you would like to grow. Mostly, I hope you know that I have not learned all of these things perfectly; that my marriage is a work in progress just like yours. I fail. I fail often. But -----

"...I am certain that God, who began the good work within [us], will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." Phil 1:6 

Courage to you and yours. And much joy and happiness in your marriages. 

5 comments:

Carol W. said...

Thank you, Bethany, for your 17 posts on marriage. They make you think about how your marriage is going & what areas you need to work on ... well, for me anyway. God bless you & Chris!

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading along with your 17 posts of marriage! Lots of good encouragement and advice! May God bless you and yours.

Bethany Eicher said...

Thank you. Blessings to you too!

Bethany Eicher said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It was especially nice that you let me know 😉

Tonysgirl said...

Thanks for sharing, I've enjoyed your 17 posts. I've been following your blog for a year or so now and am often encouraged. I feel like I'm still new to this wife/mom thing but the reality is I'm only 5 years behind you in that department 😉 Blessings to you and yours, Melissa