Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 16: Responsibility Equals Authority

The "Batter Analogy" is so true. When everything's said and done, I don't want to have any part of the responsibility of being in charge! Be held accountable for how the decisions for our family pan out? Uh, no thanks! Be the person who everyone looks to to pick up the pieces when a wrong decision was made? No way! The fact is, if I don't want the responsibility, it will absolutely not work for me to try to assume the authority. If I want my husband to be responsible for our family, than I have Got to hand over the authority too. It doesn't work for two people to hang on to the bat! But, but, but...what if he doesn't get us to church on time? What if he always wants to leave right afterward? What if he never offers to volunteer help? What if his demands on our children seem unreasonable.... If I don't do something, who will?! What am I for anyway, to be a silent, sweetly smiling shadow? If so, forget it! I can't tell you how many times I've thrown in the towel and said, "All I do is mess up! Why try??!"

No comments: