Thursday, March 27, 2014

"I think I'd like..."

Some days I'm tired. Tired of dirty laundry and dishes and floors and doing the same chores over and over, of losing sleep at night. Tired of trying to understand deep things, of praying for hard situations, of teaching and training children, of trying to model godly character. I think I'd like to wear three layers of "dress up" clothes and shoes 4 sizes too big and stand on a chair and sing loudly out of an orange song book. I think I'd like to be put down for a nap when I get cranky and sleep for 2 hours straight in a darkened room. I think I might enjoy kindergarten and coloring pictures and learning sounds for a change. For that matter, I think it could be fun to scrapbook or sew with no interruptions but it's been so long that I can't remember for sure. Then again, it could be very possible that the saying is true "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"! When I take 2 minutes to think of someone less fortunate, I pretty quickly change my tune to "I think I'd like to just be me!"

1 comment:

tabitha said...

This made me smile! So true!

Tabitha