Monday, March 17, 2014

Thoughts From a Day Spent at C.O.S.I.

I sat there and watched them while my baby slept and my children played: big people, little people, tall people, short people, fat people, skinny people, smiling people, sober people, excited people, bored people, hurrying people, meandering people, carefully dressed people, carelessly dressed people..... fathers explaining the "whys", mothers coaxing little people along, grandparents smiling indulgently, brothers, sisters, toddlers, babies..... People. So many people everywhere! And I realized with awe that every last one had a story, a life as real to them as mine to me. And I wondered, as I watched, how much pain lay hidden in all those people? How much hurting, how much hunger, how much neediness? And my heart ached suddenly as I imagined, and I wondered, how much do I care? How much do I see only the surface and never stop to consider all the stories God is writing in all the many, many people.... HE cares. Oh, does He ever care! And I couldn't help but think that because He cares, I should too.....

No comments: