Thursday, March 12, 2015

Now You Know

I once read a motto which said something like - "If you don't have anything to say, don't let anyone persuade you to say it!"

So, I'm not.

Somehow I don't seem to have any words these days. The cold, dreary, cloudy, rainy, muddy days of the-end-of-winter slide by with an occasional glorious day of sunshine thrown in to remind us that Spring-Is-Coming!! My one priority right now is getting 4 dresses sewn for the brother-in-law's wedding coming up 2 weeks from Saturday. I'm tired of sewing. Actually, I think maybe I'm more tired of needing to keep up with a household and still sew 4 dresses, cause I Like to sew!

Just to add to the fun of it all, we're throwing in a flu bug that's making it's way from person to person. Fever, fatigue, a cough...that lays a person out for as much as 3 or 4 days. On a brighter note, we haven't had any earthquakes lately! :)

Really, life isn't so bad. My rather severe case of the glooms lately might have some thinking otherwise but it really isn't. If I'm honest, I know most of it is some darkness deep down inside that I haven't quite found the answer for. I've taken it to my Father, and He seems to have assured me that He will show me what needs to happen.....in His time.

So, here I wait. And in the mean time, I must needs focus on the glorious sunshine that says Spring-Is-Coming and let God deal with the end-of-winter stuff. And if I don't say anything around here, now you know why!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bethany, I wonder if you might not be recognizing your grief...it takes so many faces. Sometimes a sharp unmistakable pain, sometimes a dull homesick ache, sometimes an unexplainable something, sometimes just feeling dark and gloomy for no reason...whatever,
but it'll be alright somehow because Jesus is acquainted with grief and heals it in His time. Jo

Bethany Eicher said...

Thanks, Jo for reminding me. I'm sure that is more a part of the glooms than I realize and sometimes it helps just to recognize that fact!