Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Spring

I'm not any more sure of why I haven't written lately, than I am of why I'm writing now. Life has been going along rather comfortably. While that is certainly more to be desired than discomfort, it doesn't really offer any irresistible urges for writing blogposts. 


We've had several of these kind of views in the past month. But they quickly disappear, and are giving way to more and more little signs that winter is about to be replaced by spring. 


Charles is inordinately proud of this
 little flower that he planted at school...


There are little, green things springing up everywhere, if you take the time to look closely


Jasmine's tulips are up!


The forsythia is pushing tiny buds!


There is new, mint tea growing 
under the tangle of last year's dead growth 
that never got cleared away. 


The brave cilantro, that somehow 
manages to stay around all winter, 
is putting out fresh growth. 


A haze of tiny, new leaves
are showing up on some of the
 bushes in the woods.


And increasing days of sunshine
beckon me outside to enjoy them....

I'm here for it all. 


No comments: