Tuesday, May 3, 2022

April's Books

In one form or another, the thought runs through my mind nearly every day -- I should write a blog post. It is followed immediately by another -- what would I write about? Most of the time my mind is blank. The times when I do have a faint idea, two minutes into writing the post in my mind, I've already given it up. It's too much work. It's not that important. 

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have looked back at my blog and wondered, how did I ever write every week?? I have no idea. Did I think the things I thought of saying were important back then and now I don't? Or did I have a need to be important back then and now I just don't care anymore? I'll take the second one; it sounds more mature. 

I know. I should just stop over analyzing and accept the fact that there are seasons in life and that is that. At least you will hear from me once a month this year, because I am bound and determined to stick to my goal of reading/ listening to four books a month!

Just look at my ferns coming up!
I'm so excited about them!

I struggled with finding books for April, because I rely on inter library loans and Ohio has been undergoing a change in their system and hasn't moved any books for three months! When I was at the library last week, they told me the new system is up and running and they had pulled over 800 books that day to send out to other libraries!! Soon all the books I have holds on will probably arrive at once...

But anyway. Without further ado -- my four books in April (I am not going to try to write real reviews for the books I read; I'm terrible at writing reviews. If you want real reviews, you'll have to go somewhere else, sorry.):


I have to say this was my last favorite. It was based on true historical events but the story line was fiction and just a little bit too fairytale-ish in my opinion. 


This one was an interesting twist, because it is technically poetry. I've always kind of had a gripe with poetry that isn't actually the rhyming kind and I doubt I would have made it through reading this book but I enjoyed listening to the author read it. 


This is the only book I actually read in April. It is a true story and a good one -- the kind that keeps you guessing and doesn't turn out quite like you think it will. 


And then there was this one, which was by far and away my favorite! Contrary to the book cover, it is not just some cheesy love story. It was read by fantastic readers -- a different voice for every character -- and was altogether delightful and hilarious and I can't wait to take a trip and make the whole family listen to it. 

Now it is May, and we're hurtling for the finish line at school, with so many extra activities that I can hardly keep my head straight about who is doing what. Their is an oldest son turning 20 (TwEnTy!!) and a second born set to graduate and a wedding in the community that will bring family from out of state and then a much anticipated anniversary trip that Chris has planned since ages ago....

Let's just say we shouldn't be bored any time soon!

Told you I'm excited. 

Now I'm going to turn on some music, sweep some floors and do some cleaning before I sit down to sew. 


PS. Any other moms who don't have the heart to make their children take down their elaborate creations so they can vacuum? 
Just me? Ok then. 

4 comments:

Miller scribe said...

Me. 🙋 I would totally vacuum around that setup.

Linda said...

I read *Tisha* years ago. If I'm remembering correctly, there's a part where a little boy freezes to the seat in the outhouse. It's even funnier now that I've had boys the same age. 🤣

Bethany Eicher said...

Yay, I'm not the only one! 👏👏🙂

Bethany Eicher said...

Yep. You're remembering correctly! 😅