Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Practicing Presence

I am pausing to check in with my senses this morning...


👀 I see the sun streaming through my windows (they look clean from this angle but I know better)

👀 I see blue sky out the window, and a tree with a few leaves still hanging on tenaciously 

👀 I see how the sun casts shadows and highlights 

👀 I see clutter on the island, laundry waiting to be carried downstairs, Legos scattered on the floor; little pictures of the people who live here

👂 I hear the clock ticking steadily

👂 I hear a fly buzzing

👂 I hear the fridge humming quietly

👂 I hear the occasional tick of the oven as it bakes

👂 I hear a bird calling noisily outside

👃 I smell pecan pie baking

👃 I smell the faint aroma of my morning cup of coffee lingering in the air

👃 I smell the cinnamon-y pumpkin smell of pumpkin pie


🖐 I feel the warmth of the sun on my feet

🖐 I feel the sway of the recliner as I move

🖐 I feel the chilly-ness of my fingers

🖐 I feel the bumpiness of the pillow cover under my arm


♥ I sense a deepening of my breathing

♥ I sense a calming of my busy thoughts

♥ I sense a relaxing in my shoulders

♥ I sense the presence of Jesus here with me today

No comments: