Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Day 26: #2 of The Top 5

(I've been having issues with posting ...so we'll try yet again!!)

I mentioned something several posts back about asking straight up, remember that? I don't know about you, but I've spent way too much time flying around Sunday mornings trying to get everything done, and feeling disgruntled that the man if the house doesn't pitch in and help! Or how about this - It's Saturday, and I'd really like if we'd go to town. So I throw out some hints here and there, testing the waters to see if he'll take the bait... Or, maybe it's the night for Jasmine's piano lesson. It's pouring down rain and the baby is finally taking a nap and it would be so nice if I wouldn't have to go out! So I text Chris, "I don't know how I'm gonna do this with the rain and everything :( " Call it #2. Stop Acting Like Your Spouse Is A Mind Reader.
I'm getting better. I'm learning to ask, " Could you please hold the baby while I comb girl's hair?" and "I'd really like to go to town today, would that be possible?" and "Could you please take Jasmine tonight since it's raining and the baby is asleep?" instead of hinting around and getting disgruntled. Sometimes the answer is some kind of compromise - "I don't really feel like going to town today but let's plan on Monday night." Rarely it's a plain "no". More often than not my husband is happy to fulfill my wishes if I just ask him straight up! He feels respected instead of "expected and manipulated" and I feel loved instead of disgruntled: win - win!

No comments: