Saturday, February 1, 2014

Day 24: And here's another thing.......

I've also been thinking about this: where did we ever get the idea that husbands are EXPECTED to help around the house? I mean, when was the last time you went to work for your husband because he expected you to help him out? I could see a little more if both husband and wife have jobs outside the house, but that's not the crowd I'm talking to. Do you realize we stay at home wives have a real privilige? Our position is not the norm these days! Our husbands are working hard to make it possible for us to keep our God ordained role and here we are expecting them to pull double duty! Now before you start yelling "They're his kids too!" here's the deal: It's not that husbands don't want to help at home, but they don't want to be EXPECTED to help! They want to be Asked and Appreciated! And the more I think about it, the more I don't think they're asking for too much. I'm pretty sure there's a lot I could do to make it less necessary to EXPECT help - I know ahead of time that he's coming home at 5:30, right? :)

No comments: