Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Catch Up News

If I was a "real" blogger, I'd have lots of pictures to catch you up on our Memorial Day week end and house progress. Since I'm a "pretend" blogger and can't do that, I'll just tell you. We had a fun Memorial Day week end at a cabin in Cambridge, OH with all the Joe's Tire employees an families. It felt like a crime to waste Chris' days off not working on the house but I'm glad we did it. We needed a break and some different scenery! The cabin was beautiful with lots of fun stuff to do and it was good to get to know the people Chris works with a little better. As for the house, we didn't hit our goal of June 2, but we have gotten a lot done! All but 1 of the rooms are either primed or painted. The plumbing isn't quite done yet and we need counter tops and floor covering. We could be in in 2 weeks if we kept up a steady pace but it'll probably be more like end of June. We're pretty burned out on "a steady pace" (meaning-every spare minute)! So, there's the update...you'll just have to imagine the pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your life, Bethany! Blessings!
Rachel

Faith Lapp said...

Oh Bethany....I sure can relate to the burn out feelings of trying to finish a project and feeling like every spare minute has to be spent on it! I'm sure you needed that break at the cabin! Once you are in your house, those intense times fade!
Faith