Friday, April 23, 2021

Days Go By

Spring!

I spent last week as a single parent, with Chris off working at a Tire Shop in another state. I had big ideas that instead of spending my "before bed" time with my husband, I would have expansive amounts of time to think and write and Do Things. Maybe that sounds silly, but one of the things about having my children home 24/7 that has been difficult for me, is never having enough of my own space. When I do get alone time, it takes me a bit to 'get in the zone' to write or do any serious things. If I know I only have a little time, I usually end up squandering it on things of little importance. All that to say, I'm not sure what happened, but the whole week disappeared without me ever doing most of the things I thought I might do. Maybe, after all, the thing I need the most is more schedule and discipline?

Surely not. 

It is becoming increasingly hard to focus our minds on school work every day. We did double up lessons last week and the girls and I spent a day shopping, while Charles enjoyed time at grandpa's. That was fun. 


Having dad gone is not nearly as stretching as it used to be back when the children were small. But, having him come home is still my very favorite part! When he wakes up at 2:20 AM and decides to get up and start driving, that makes it even better. Walking in the house at 9 in the morning instead of arriving in the evening is not going to bring any complaints from me!

We've had some really pretty Spring days but this week Ohio decided to give winter one last fling. 




It didn't last long. 

Several years ago, I introduced you all to Shari Zook in one of my June story times. She has a book coming out July 6 and I get to help spread the word about it! The funny version of the story is this. 

Shari had announced on her blog that she is starting a launch team on Facebook and welcomed anyone who is willing to spread the word about her book to come and join. I wasn't too sure about it, but I shyly clicked the link to join this highfallutin launch thing and chickened out when you were required to answer questions about yourself. Weeks later, I was encouraged to "Do it!" So, I went back... and I just couldn't handle the "three words describing yourself and your interests" and I chickened out the second time. (This really is who I am.) Later, I got a notification saying my request had been accepted!? At that point I kind of didn't even want to be in the group! 


But, in the group I am. It's making me think and stretching me to answer more questions about myself. I'll share more about the book and a link to pre-order soon. 

At this very moment, I'm sitting in the Walmart parking lot. I need to wrap this ramble up and go get my grocery shopping done. I feel like I should have something more profound to say than little bits and pieces of the days going by. I guess that's pretty much my life right now. Not a bad thing, and I hope I'm making it count in some small way. But sometimes it feels like a lot of mundane and waiting and doing the next thing. I suppose that's actually mostly what life is. When you're trying to have your ear open to God's voice, that's the important part. 

One last picture and then I'm off to the races...


Don't you just love dogwoods? They're one of my favorites. They remind me of my childhood and I'm so glad Ohio has them.

A happy weekend to you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three words describing yourself and your interests please? :)

Bethany Eicher said...

This made me laugh 😅

If I wouldn't do it for Shari, why should I do it for you? I don't even know your name!

Anonymous said...

How about introvert, great mom, and enjoys writing? There how did I do? :-)

Bethany Eicher said...

Not bad 👌 Except it was supposed to be three words for each...