Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Oh Hi, It's Me

 Oh hi, it's me. 


What? You mean you don't eat chai tea and plain pie crust for lunch? Well, here's a news flash: there's probably a lot of other things you don't know about me too.

Like the fact that cooking large amounts of food terrifies me but somehow making pies is no big deal. When I got married, I knew embarrassingly little about cooking but for whatever reason, I knew how to make pie crust. 


Also, the fact that this picture, taken this very week, is basically my life in a nutshell. I can be super productive and knock out a whole list of work if I need to, but little things like bringing the hummingbird feeder in at the end of the season? I put those things off until kingdom come. 

Another fact? I value authenticity to a fault. But also, I am a peace keeper who doesn't ever want to make anybody feel bad. Hmm. Is it any wonder I struggle with relationships?

Strange fact: I follow people on Instagram who I don't know in real life but I rarely, if ever, like or comment on their posts. I don't know why either. 

Fun fact: I still basically use the same dress pattern that I had when I got married (plus an inch or so at the waist). No credit to me, honestly. It's called getting my father's genes, I believe. 


I like this man.


And these children. 

Just thought I'd  throw that in there. 

Random fact: Growing up, if we deep cleaned a room in our house, we rearranged it. I still tend to do that. 

At forty-two, I still do silly things like change my dress and sweater three times before going on an outing or go into great angst on Sunday morning about how short boots and leggings look with a skirt. I know. Y'all never thought I was that ridiculous, but there it is. 

Also. At forty-two, I feel like I know less about God and Faith and Christianity than I ever have in my life. It's not a comfortable place to live in but that is the one thing I have learned: God is not all that concerned about my comfort. 

-------------------------------------
I haven't been writing, because I haven't had words (also, that last fact in the list there...) Tell me what you'd like to hear, and I might get inspired. Maybe. Ask me questions in the comments or throw out your ideas, it might be interesting! My email is christopherbethany@juno.com if you'd rather message me that way. 

PS. If you're dying to know more things about me, I wrote a post once called "39 Things". Those are all still true. 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What you call ridiculous I call endearing. Wouldn't life be terribly boring if we were all the same? -Karen R.

Luci said...

I identified with almost every one of these points. Except I'm NOT a pie maker, but I don't mind serving lots of of people. I love random like this. ❤️

Regina said...

You two make a beautiful couple and those children of yours are beautiful too. They've grown so much!
I'm on Instagram but there on times when I just despise it. My account is private so I'm very choosy about who I allow to follow me. I'm very annoyed when creepy guys want to follow me even though it says in my bio in black and white follow requests from me will be deleted.
I'm enjoying sewing more than I used to and have figured out how to use the skirt pattern part of my dress patterns to make just the skirt.
My question is are you still crocheting? If so can you post pictures of your projects?
Maybe before I turn 60 random things on my blog about myself before I turn 61 at the end of this year. That is if I can think of that many.lol

Bethany Eicher said...

It would indeed 🙂

Bethany Eicher said...

Isn't it funny how the posts the writer thinks are pointless are often the ones people say they enjoy? 😄

Bethany Eicher said...

Sadly, I am not. I seem to have done some permanent damage to my hands with my crocheting frenzy 😔 I've done some doctoring with no real answers and it's something I can live with, but I don't crochet because it flares it up badly.

Anonymous said...

My mom was a master pie-baker. She baked many a pie for farmer's market. She baked pies for at least two of my sisters' weddings. She felt more comfortable doing that than baking cakes. All the pies I have baked were made with purchased crusts. Even Mom used those her last years. But one of these times I want to bake a crust from scratch. I think I'm ready. It's a pity I didn't take lessons from Mom when I had the chance. --Linda Rose

Anonymous said...

I'm the same with pies. People seem to think making good pies means you're a good cook--maybe since it tastes so good and brings up such cozy, home-sweet-home associations?--but that is NOT necessarily the case, not at all! 😂 Also relate to agonizing over outfit minutiae that nobody will notice, and leaving tiny things undone even though day after day I get a tiny jolt of anxiety and shame when I see it. I don't understand how the most relatable things are often what make us feel like silly exceptions.

Bethany Eicher said...

That last line. Me either!! 😅