Thursday, July 5, 2012

Why does a loving God allow hard things?

Life has taken a tail spin lately! But then, what is "normal" anyway? There was company, then a bad back, then a storm an no electricity for 4 days, then a death message... We had hoped to be moving into our house Saturday, instead we'll be attending a funeral. I wonder if God ever intended for us to live "normal" lives? Do you think His highest plan was for us to sit in comfy houses with well paying jobs and shiny vehicles to drive around? I don't think He sighs with pleasure when He sees his children living "normal" lives. What do you say when someone asks, "Why would a loving God allow such hard things?" I think the answer is easy, really. WE DON'T NEED HIM OTHERWISE! God is all about drawing mankind to Himself. Face it, the only way we'll come is if we NEED Him! From a 2 yr old's "I can do it by myself" on, that's just the way we're made. And sometimes the "hard thing" isn't just about us, sometimes it's about drawing others-God wants to draw ALL men. Maybe His highest goal is for us to live needy...

1 comment:

Calvin Horst said...

Your writing inspires me. I wish you and your family Gods grace this weekend. Hope your back gets better soon. So practical!

Our families need to get together again

Calvin Horst