Monday, January 1, 2018

To The New Year!

 Happy New Year!


We've spent the last two weeks taking turns being sick. We managed to be healthy enough for the children's school Christmas program and the choir's final program and we limped through the last week of school with a couple of people missing days. Then we drug a couple of recovering people to Arkansas for Christmas with my family and enjoyed a good time there. A couple of us caught the ailments for the return trip and the rest of the week at home was spent catching up on laundry, holding people, and taking it easy.


We still have a few coughs and I'm not holding my breath but I think we are all on the mend again.

Last night seemed like a good time to pull ourselves together and do something fun. We had a special snack/supper and then everyone wrote down a game to play and a story to read



And then we read them...


And played them....


Fun!

I feel like I should write more but I need to run along and get on with the day. Just a couple things...
I'm still open for questions for the month of January. I've gotten a few, and I'm fine with a few. But if you think of more, you're welcome to ask.

 Also, your emails!

So, my husband had this great idea to make everyone a winner in my birthday giveaway and I was, quite honestly, feeling a bit lazy to go to all the trouble. But then your emails started coming in -- all the surprise and the thank yous and some of you sharing family pictures and telling me about yourselves...

I loved it!!!!
Thank you. Thank you so much!
I can't wait to get your books
 sent your way.

And
 now I
really
 must run along. I do not know
 what 2018 will bring but I know
 who
 holds
 it in
His
hand
and
for
that,
I am
Thankful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lately, I've been noticing how unique each culture is. Like last evening, we had a couple here, one was raised German Brethren (?) and the other comes from a Russian Menn. background. And I've seen huge culture differences even in our own type of Mennonite churches. I'd love to hear you explore how to blend cultures, how to honor the good in each culture, how to even intentionally change what needs to be changed in our own culture. -Sharon

Carol W. said...

Happy 2018 to you all, Bethany! God bless you all with renewed health and bless your family togetherness.

Regina said...

Happy New Year Bethany! I'm looking forward to seeing the answers to questions your readers have asked.