Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Twenty Years

 I don't have very many words, but some days just can't slip by without some commemoration of some kind. 

Twenty years ago today, those children in white said "I do". Their "I do" was very sincere but there were a whole lot of things that they "didn't" back then. The one in the dress, in particular, was very naive. She didn't know much about love or respect or relationships or sex or running a house -- she barely even knew how to cook!

It's amazing what the grace of God can accomplish with sincerity. 

Our marriage has never been perfect (how can you have perfect with two imperfect people?) but it has been very, very good. Today, twenty years later, I realize so much more how incredibly blessed I am. 

We still need a picture for 2021...

Last weekend Chris surprised me with a little getaway for our anniversary. It was one if those imperfect times, with rainy weather and me spending most of a day in bed with a terrible migraine. The last day was gorgeous and we biked twenty miles together under the bluest sky. 

Kind of like our imperfect marriage, altogether the weekend was very, very good. 

That's pretty much it. I am so blessed and so very grateful. 

One last picture which I like to title: "We're really terrible at selfies but we're pretty decent at marriage!"

5 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations on your twentieth anniversary!!😊 I am not sure how I found your blog, but I enjoy it very much! I appreciate your openness and frank honesty very much.

Bethany Eicher said...

Thank you so much, Karen!

Anonymous said...

"It's amazing what the grace of God can accomplish with sincerity." Those are words of wisdom that apply to many things. Linda

Connie Stoll said...

Happy 20th anniversary!

Luci said...

Happy anniversary! Happy, imperfect marriages make me happy.