Tuesday, March 7, 2023

A Month of Pictures: 07

 


This Facebook memory stopped me in my tracks this morning. 

Six years ago, I wrote this post celebrating six years of blogging. At the time, we had just moved into The House On The Hill, I hadn't experienced a child getting their driver's license yet, and I still had a child who wasn't in school. It's wild to realize that I am currently at the point in time I was talking about when I said, "Frankly, I'm glad I can't see ahead six more years!"

Twelve years ago, I googled "how to start a blog", and hit publish for the first time. Twelve years. Eight hundred and ninety-three posts later, I barely recognize the woman I was then. 

What will the next six years bring? Who knows! Many changes, I can guarantee that. Very likely my house will be emptier than it is now; quite possibly I'll even be a grandmother. Six years ago I said the same thing -- who knows? "But I expect I'll still be here, sharing bits and pieces of it with you."

Well, here I am... just barely. The bits and pieces have gotten smaller and less frequent, but I'm still here. I won't make any predictions about 2029!

PS. I'm curious -- how long have you been with me? Any 12 year folks? 6?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know when I discovered your blog and started reading it. you were already living in Ohio, but not in the house that you're living in now.

Linda Rose

Anonymous said...

Go you on all the years of writing! I certainly haven't been here for that long... maybe just the past 2 years? 1? Not sure. And I've also started my own blog as an experiment... and I even dabble with it once in awhile, lol. :) Since I set it up on an experimental basis, I don't think I'll cry tears if I suddenly decide, "That's it- I'm done." We'll see.

Bethany Eicher said...

And if there was a prize for the most consistent comment-er, it would go to you!

Bethany Eicher said...

Never know! You might surprise yourself six years from now... 🙂

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bethany! I think I've been reading your blog at least close to when you started. It was one way for me to keep up with one of my FMH friends. 😊 I've enjoyed your series over the years, two that stand out are your courtship stories and your marriage advice. The latter was very timely, we had just gotten engaged, so I drank in anything I could on the subject. Blessings to you and yours!
--Amy Nisly Garvey

Bethany Eicher said...

I always love to see your name come up in the comments -- brings back wonderful memories! 🙂❤

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks! We had some very good times. 😊