Sunday, March 26, 2023

A Month of Pictures: 26


The weather today was perfection but my soul felt a little cruddy. So I took a nice, solitary walk (which is a nice way of saying nobody else wanted to take a walk) and I drank in the fresh, spring air on my skin and the blue, blue of the sky overhead and the joyful, swelling chorus of spring peepers in my ears.... 

I paused to look at the staring cows and a tiny new calf. I laughed at the yipping dog, who wanted to be sure I knew I was coming mighty close to trespassing on her territory. And I stopped to chat with the neighbor lady and her grandchildren, who drove up in their gator to assure me the dog wouldn't bite. 

Lesson to myself: the out of doors are a powerful cure for soul cruddiness. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's something therapeutic about getting outside, even if the weather isn't perfect. If it's cold, I sometimes just layer up and go out anyhow. It's good for the perspective, to get a broader view than the four walls of the house. Yesterday I saw that it might rain on my walk, so I grabbed an umbrella. It's a good thing I did. I would have gotten pretty wet if I hadn't. Blessings. Linda Rose