Saturday, March 18, 2023

A Month of Pictures: 18

 


As a child, Saturdays were always house cleaning days. I remember writing out all the jobs on slips of paper and taking turns with my sisters, picking our list for the day. Sometimes we split up the jobs by rooms (do everything in that room), sometimes by categories (all the sweeping/all the dusting). You always hoped to not end up with the bathroom. That was the only time having one bathroom for a family of eight was a plus!

I started my oldest children out with the same routine -- choosing jobs, cleaning on Saturday -- but any more, we kind of go with whatever works best. Ever since we moved into this house, the children have taken care of cleaning the basement and I take care of the upstairs. They still generally do their part on Saturdays, and I generally do mine during the week. 

All that to say, today I cleaned. And it made me think of Saturday cleaning and choosing slips of paper with jobs. 

When do you do your cleaning?

1 comment:

Vanessa’s Ventures said...

We normally do our cleaning on Friday and I have fun memories of picking slips to know what job to do at our house too