Monday, March 13, 2023

A Month of Pictures: 13

 


Best Granola Ever

10 Cups Oatmeal

1 Cup Chopped Pecans (optional)

1 Cup Coconut 

1 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar

2 tsp Salt

1 T Maple Flavoring 

1 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil

1 tsp Vanilla

3/4 Cup Water

In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Combine wet ingredients and add to dry mixture. Stir well. Spread on two cookie sheets and toast in a 275 degree oven for 2 hours or until nicely browned, stirring every 30 minutes. (Note: I make it all the time without the maple flavoring and add an extra teaspoon of vanilla)

This was my mom's granola recipe and I can hardly eat cereal without having some of this granola to add to my bowl. I love it with yogurt, on top of ice cream, added to a bowl of oatmeal... I keep this on hand pretty much all the time. It freezes well, and a jar full makes a great gift. My mom also liked to put it in a ziploc bag, flatten it out nice and thin, and add it to packages of goodies she sent to her children. 

Added bonus: it makes your house smell amazing when you bake it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I printed the recipe. It looks like a great gift idea, and a good item to keep on hand. --Linda Rose

Connie Stoll said...

This sounds good! I shall make it. (I am so enjoying your daily photos.)

Bethany Eicher said...

Glad to hear it! 😊

Bethany Eicher said...

I hope you enjoy it!